The freedoms within (ask me about what I mean)

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The adventure of a sandled American

Jet lag is still evident. I was awake till about 4:30 AM last night. At 8:45 Rotem came into my room to tell me to get ready. Luckily, my morning bird kicked in since I knew the day was going to be exciting.

I went with the Lavi family (minus Hadar) to some place near the dead sea that consisted of a sany and rocky hike to a long walk in a cold river. Of course, I didn't know that so I was wearing flip flops. Descending down the mountain forced me to concentrate on the floor and not the surronding dessert.

It was fun though, holding Lital and Rotems hand, laughing at our slipping on the rocks. Not to mention that there were so many people there because it is Chol Hamoed on sukkot, and all of Israel is off. Before we transitioned to the river part, we sat down to eat a prepared lunch by Ronit which was bread, eggs, humus, tuna, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, and something spicy.

After eating, we made our way to the river part. It was so so refreshing to have my feet and calves covered by freezing water, midday, in the Israeli desert. A few times, my flip flop would get stuck in the mud on the floor and I would lift my foot up, without my shoe. It would float up to the surface and flow with the current and we would yell to the people behind us to catch it. Trust me, I wasn't the only one. We walked for about 2 hours and it came to an end.

Tomorrow, I was invited by the same family to go to to the dead sea. I cannot wait to rub mud all over my body, lay in the sun, have it crust up, and then proceed into the warm salt bath to remove it. My skin truly feels the most soft after this process.

Now for some much needed food (in the sukkah of course) and then some much needed sleep!!

No comments: