The freedoms within (ask me about what I mean)

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Israel to Florida-Florida to Israel

(At the Kotel)
What I learned from my break at home:

So I was thinking before I left back to Florida, that I may have wanted to switch into a seminary from my Bar Ilan program. I tried to make pro con lists, but I just wasn't sure what would be right. After a talk with our program director (that has known me for a long time), he told me that I'm on a good path right now at Bar Ilan, and that it would probably be in MY best interest to stay. I wasn't the happiest, being a bit unsettled, but being home definitely showed that the path I'm on right now is truly what is best for me. I wasn't ready to as what many kids coin it as 'to flip out', meaning getting on such a spiritual high, accepting everything in the Jewish religion and putting it into effect. So far, I'm doing my best to dress more conservatively, eat kosher, keep Shabbat, keep the Jewish holidays, and learning. It's been a lot for me, knowing I came from not doing any of those for 6 years-so as for now, I'm going to stay doing those actions, and see where it has taken me at the end of the year.

(My father and I at Magic Kingdom!)
Another thing I picked up on here is that I truly deeply care about staying connected to my family, especially my families past. I did some asking about where I have come from, and I don't ever want to let the information I've received die. 


This past semester has truly been an amazing experience If you know anyone questioning on if they should go to Israel for their first year of college or straight to a secular college, please ask them to talk to me! I only want to spread how amazing this experience has been, and since I've seen both sides, I know exactly how it feels. That being said, I cannot wait to see, hear, and feel what next semester has to offer me-goodbye United States, hello Israel!

1 comment:

RabbiMelinda said...

So glad you connect with wise teachers (thank you Program Director). BREATHE more, think and doubt less and the answers will usually present themselves ~ in T.I.M.E.

T. things
I. "I"
M. must
E. experience


G-ds Speed my darling... G-ds speed
♥☮ שָׁלוֹם ॐ
Mom