The freedoms within (ask me about what I mean)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In your Holy

I stumbled upon an old blog post from October 2010-may not seem like so long ago, but a lot has happened since then, so it seems like forever. Here's what part of it read:

"My intrigue for the Jewish life is at it's highest right now.

We just started taking classes, and I'm actually excited to actually start getting into the learning. Even though I'm taking 8 Jewish classes, 5 Secular classes, and 1 Ulpan class, I'm still ready. I am a little afraid since so much information has departed my mind; it might be hard to absorb it all in one year."

At the Kotel, again.
The learning I did really changed me as a person. It opened up many new doors in my mind, and discovered things I never though I would be able to conquer. All in all, today was the first day of my second semester, and I was so excited to be there, to get back on that learning track that I left a few weeks ago.

The parsha these few weeks discusses the building of the Mishkan. There are three rooms to the Mishkan, a courtyard, the holy room, and the holy of holies room. The simple meaning was the actual dimensions, but what this symbolized was something much more meaningful. As a person, you have three levels. Your physical self, which is the outer courtyard, your emotions and feelings which is considered the second inner room, and the third place is who you truly are, something many people try to hide from and something that takes a lot of dedication to embrace.

In that third room stands the aron hakodesh that holds the Tablets or the Ten Commandments. It was hidden behind curtains, but the two poles that were attached to the Holy box, indented the curtains from the inside out. Regular people were not allowed to go into this room, only the main cohen gadol once a year on Yom Kippur. But the amazing thing is that, people knew that there was something in there because of those indentations from the poles. They couldn't see it, but they knew it existed.

G-d is the parallel in this situation. You cannot see him, but he is there. You have an intuition, which means you have a soul, and since you know there is something inside of you, rather then just having your physical body, you know there has to be something more to life. Intensify these thoughts by putting your inner most feelings into action and traveling the road into that holy of holies room, into your whole true self.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such amazing wisdom, you are WAY ahead of your time! WAY ahead.
May you continue to build kavannah and your intuition. Yasher Koach! Love, Mom