The freedoms within (ask me about what I mean)

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happiness is where you're from

I can't believe I left Shabbat out of my life for SIX years! G-d is telling us to chill out for 25 ours, forget the worries of the world, eat good food, sing good songs, and just spend time with people you love, or will learn from!! It's just a better and better experience every weekend.

I went to the Carlbach Moshav in Modiin this Shabbat, and unfortunately I was kind of sick so I slept most of the time and was completely wiped. But besides that..it was really a beautiful place to be. We stayed in a beautiful home of the Trugmans. There home basically has something that I hope one day my home will have; a window over the sink overlooking mountains, cities, and part of the Mediterranean. ALSO, their whole home was decorated with Jewish art. Literally every painting on the wall in their home had a Jewish theme. It was really beautiful. All in all, shabbat was really relaxing.

One point I just need to talk about now is how truly happy I am! It's crazy how I was so unhappy last year..and I just didn't do anything about..I sat through it..thinking that one day I'd get back on the right track one day. I'm so glad that I left my comfort zone and came here..because I just can't stop smiling here! Even though I have much to work on...I'm just loving life! :D

"If you want to make it where you're going, you got to know where you're from" -Shi 360 One Love

1 comment:

RabbiMelinda said...

"The world is new to us every morning - this is God's gift; and every man should believe he is reborn each day."

Baal Shem Tov