The freedoms within (ask me about what I mean)

Monday, May 2, 2011

Never again

Today today today.

Spurs of emotions went wild in the past 24 hours including Yom Hashoah, Holocaust Remembrance day, as well as Osama Bin Laden's death! Being in Israel for the two events makes it both beneficial and scary at the same time.

For one, being in Israel on a day of Holocaust remembrance really brings a sense of community and togetherness. One one that happened is at 10 AM there was a state-wide, yes ALL of Israel, siren sounding. People stopped in their tracks, in the cars, and whatever they were doing to stand up and bow their heads for two minutes. I was on Bar Ilan campus at the time and tried to make my way over to a street because it's really amazing to see people just stop there cars and get out of it.

At first, I was observing my surroundings, watching everyone still, literally frozen in time it seemed like. Chills were going up and down my spine. I then closed my eyes and took in the sounds of the sirens. I started to see images of the Holocaust and I began to tear up. The siren, a terrifying sound itself, since it is used also to alert to run for cover in case of a terrorist attack, just made me feel like I was part of something so much bigger. It almost felt like we were under attack for a moment; I guess I got into a meditative state very quickly. 

Osama's death too?! Well I'm glad it finally happened..but hopefully this doesn't land on blaming the Jews. As in Arab countries blaming the Jews. There's enough going around us all ready with the rumors of the third Intifada starting, I hope this isn't a kick-start for it.

But anyways...I stand by the saying " Never again shall we march like sheep to the slaughter, Never again shall we sit and take orders, Stripped of our culture, Robbed of our name, Raped of our freedom and thrown into the flames, Forced from our families, taken from our homes, Moved from our God then burned of our bones...Never again " by the Wu-Tang Clan. We will continue to DEFEND ourselves and continue to DEFEND OUR land....always.



No comments: