The freedoms within (ask me about what I mean)

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Jennifer is like Yaakov round two?

It's been nine days. Nine long re-living, re-learning, and re-experiencing emotions I haven't felt in a while. I've kept my cool here the first three months taking in a new lifestyle that I truly do genuinely enjoy. I disregarded emotions because of the spiritual high I've been on and it probably wasn't the wisest of choices. But it is what I was used to, crying on the inside. I know that I'm slowly working past that and soon will overcome the fear of 'feeling' to others rather then just to myself. but I had a weird block of de-motivation and I couldn't understand why.
I like that G-d gives us a new day every day. According to the Jewish religion, when you go to sleep you are technically 1/60th dead so when you wake up in the morning, you say a 12 worded prayer thanking G-d for returning you to this world and giving you another day of life. He also gives us a new week every week with the cycle of recharging on shabbat, a new month with rosh chodesh and the moon cycle, and a new year and clean slate on rosh hashanah/yom kippur. Really, he gave us free choice allowing us to change whenever we want. All in all, I'm dusting my self off and trying again.
I posted a blog a while ago about paralleling myself to Yaakov. Well here's round two. Remember when Yakoov and Esav had their meet-up and Yaakov was scared because he thought Esav would try to kill him since Yaakov stole his blessing? Well, he was going to try and kill him (since he brought that army of 400 men with him) BUT he saw that Yaakov was tired. No, not tired like physically, emotionally tired; Esav saw that all Yaakov's hardships were slowing him down, he saw that life had finally gotten to him. Leading to a embracing reuniting, the two finally were known to the other. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, life is going to slow you down, but G-d has his intentions and his intentions are right. I hate to be cheesy, but the glass is half full. Life is only just beginning...

1 comment:

RabbiMelinda said...

My darling, the glass will often times show emptiness and fullness. Full when you love yourself, empty when you judge. Keep revealing your deepest space, your core, your heart... and as you expand your soul yearnings for emunah and kavannah... you will feel more secure with yourself, just as you are...
Love, Mom